Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Dirty Dozen

I was reading here: Sunzonia Family Farms

This is a blog by my friend Janice, commonly known as "Janice Attic" among the kids:-) (Yes, my kids have always been big Janice's Attic fans.)  They have an incredible farm in Arizona. I'd love to actually go there and visit someday. They introduced me to micro-greens some years back. Anyway, she mentioned the DIRTY DOZEN and how lettuce is on that list. I had to investigate further.

Oh, MY!

We think we're being healthy when we eat our salads. And celery??? Sixty-Seven pesticides?? Okay. I'm done buying non-organic celery! The Dirty Dozen is the 12 top foods for pesticides. They also list the clean 15. So, there's a bit of good news in the bad.

Check out CNN's report: CNN and the Dirty Dozen

I think it's crucial to grow what you can in this day and age so you can know.. .

Meet Chip. He's the super bunny... we've had him 10 years. Many bunnies have come and gone, but good ole Chip lives on. He should have died once, but the girls prayed for him with tears. We were told to put him out of his misery, but instead God heard a little child's prayer and he survived the devastating disease.He wasn't really into having his picture taken, he really just wanted me to pet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment