Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Behind?

I'm a tad concerned that my tomatoes are behind. What I have to go on is last year's photos and dates on this blog. I know I planted a week later, but I'm wondering if my potting soil is not as good as the soil I used last year? The plants don't look as vigorous.

BUT then,

last year I was keeping the plants in the house.

This year they are in the greenhouse even with no heat. I watch the temps like a hawk. The last few nights have been in the 40's at night. The plants are covered with a frost free blanket and protected by the greenhouse. There were a few nights that it was in the thirties, which is very cold for tomatoes.

The cucumbers look right on target, though and there is nothing being done differently for them.

The tomatoes have a purple tinge... which I had last year, but a bit later than this year.





On the other hand, we have seedlings up in the garden sooner than last year :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment